Sep 20, 2011

Critique Partners Network

One of the things I'll list in that list of odd things about me for the Versatile Blogger Award will be how obsessive I am once I set my mind on something.

In my hunt for critique partners or groups, I appreciated the help from Erin Schnieder over at the YAwesome Writers Writers on the Write Brained Network, for setting me up with a great group of peer critiquers. I have searched for years for a group that would work with me on a peer basis.

It was pretty much luck finding Erin's website and her list of resources. I had done so many Google searches for on-line writer groups and in-town writer groups to join. I did find many, but they were usually closed to new members.

So, I got this idea. What if I created a social network website just about critique partners and groups. A place for people like me to  do look ups for writers based on their writing interests, their writing abilities, and their critiquing abilities. I kept telling myself, I didn't have time for this, but like I said, I have an obsessive personality type and couldn't let it rest.

I spent last weekend looking for social networking platforms that would let me create profile fields we could sort on. What a nightmare. I finally found one, and have been struggling to get it working properly, but I won't give up. I'll figure it out and have my social site up and running in a couple of weeks.

What I would love to know is what other writers would like to see in a site like this. I would love some collaborators. The site would be free to everyone.

I am thinking of adding the following to the site:

Profile lookup based on interests, writing level, critiquing level, whether they are looking for partners or a group, on-line or in-person.

Sample writing and critiquing attached to each writer's profiles

Then as a community work on building honest critiques with polls on back flaps, queries, and synopsis and invite readers to vote as well.

Are you interested in helping design this?

No comments:

Post a Comment